Maximizing Time at a Career Fair
March 24, 2015 | Hazel Cormier
If you have been to a career fair recently, you know it can be an overwhelming process. I have some tips to help you make the most of the experience and make a lasting impression with recruiters.
1. Dress for Success. I recently attended a fair where all attendees dressed in a range of business attire. I was definitely impressed and I know that other employers were too. For a simple rule of thumb, you should dress for a career fair like you would for an interview. Want more dress for success tips?
2. Be Prepared. Do your homework before you attend the event. This includes researching employers of interest and understanding what they do and what kind of people they hire. You should also organize and update your resume. You can leverage your resources, whether it is, your school’s career center, outplacement services or a trusted colleague to provide critique.
3. Be Genuine. First, introduce yourself with a smile and a handshake. The people I remember most are those that are enthusiastic about sharing their background and learning more about the opportunity. Engage in a conversation with the recruiter. Don’t forget to listen – recruiters will provide insight and feedback.
Put your new skills into practice and meet with an Express Scripts recruiter at an upcoming event.« 6 Questions to Ask in an Interview| Helping Autism Find a Voice »
Most recent posts
- There’s No Place Like Home: Serving Patients in the Home Setting
- Flexing Her Entrepreneurial Spirit: What’s UpNext with Emily K.
- My Career at Express Scripts: Growth, Advancement, and a New Initiative
- Advancing Diversity in the Workplace: 3 Takeaways with Carlton A.
- Going the Extra Mile (in Mere Minutes)